Another of our latest designs is the Teal and Yellow Thumball titled MOVE YOUR BODY. A spontaneous game erupted with our family on Father's Day and it was a blast seeing everyone from our 8 year old daughter to our 77 year old father acting out movements and interacting with enthusiasm and humor.
This Thumball has suggestions such as "Flap your wings and soar; March proudly and salute; Lift your knees to your elbows." So you respond to the direction under your thumb in your choice of ways:
- Perform it one or more times for the physical activity. Multiple sets of each action really is an excellent all over workout.
- Act it out and let others guess what you are doing, like Charades.
- Give direction to another player. Add difficulty by using the Simon Sez format. They must remember to hear "Simon Sez" before they do that action.
- Discuss an experience they had such as "Cast your pole and reel in a fish" will prompt great fish stories.
- Physical exercise, body language, vocabulary development, listening skills and oral expression.
- Players can perform the actions while seated, standing or move around in a gym or outside.
- A great icebreaker when a meeting goes long and everyone needs a release and a laugh.